One thing I've never owned in the 21 years I've been trading is a model of my very own. In fact I don't think I've owned a loco that I could call my own in nearly 30 years. I've built over a 100 but they've all been for other people or as demonstraters, some to raise money. This Christmas I decided that was going to end and a stock check earlier this year unearthered two class 15 kits. So I put one aside for me. This is going to be mine! These days I'm not a great builder, and the fact I've been using the wrong solder for years doesn't help. But with 143deg solder and some advice from proffesional builders and Pauls great work on here, felt a bit more confident. I started this morning and so far four hours work has produced two sides, two headstocks and two parts dropped on the floor which I can't find. The initial construction is laminating the etched side frames together. The 15 had a distinctive array of rivets and so when I designed the kit felt this was the best way to reproduce them. They need to be carefully aligned and wire through the holes each end helped this. It was then a case of adding the flanges which can be quite fiddly. Finally I constructed the headstocks and after dinner will be putting them together and hopefully having it running.