One thing I had to do prior to packing for the exhibition was to install a decoder and LEDs into one of my locomotives. Having read the various threads (Keith's thread is beneficial : http://www.platform1mrc.com/view_topic.php?id=652&forum_id=15), I had a go my self... I had a few DCC Concepts DCC-S2SAP-5 spare, so I used this, but had to purchase a few LEDs and some resistors. Keith recommended inhis post using a 1K 0.25W resistor, but I had to opt for 1K 0.5W resistors... The difference is the brightness I believe, correct me if I'm wrong... Above. The DCC Concepts decoder has Stay Alive to which I am not using. Below. The LEDs and resistors. (I purchased 10 x LEDs and two x 8 packs of resistors as I have another loco to fit out.) Carefully left up the plug to reveal the analogue circuit board. Release the screws and remove this board. Do not throw away as it can be used in another locomotive if necessary. Starting on the front (short hood end), I removed the plastic cap that holds the yellow wire (negative) to the decoder socket. A new length of yellow wire was threaded through the hole in the connector and the cap was replaced. For the blue wire (positive), I cut it from the bulb and soldered a resistor to this. I chose to shorten the length of the resistor prongs to help fit back in the small space. The legs (cathode : negative and anode : positive) were also shortened, with the positive kept slightly longer than the negative. The resistor was then soldered to the positive leg, followed by the yellow wire. This pic is the long hood end of the loco showing the resistor soldered to both the blue wire and the LED. The white wire here is the negative. As you can see, where I could get heat shrink onto the wiring, I did. Where I couldn't, I wrapped a small piece of electrical tape around the join to insulate. Next step is to install the decoder. Make sure the decoder is positioned the correct way. I done this by looking at the decoder socket on the loco and sighting the black & grey wires. Push fit the decoder and now test before placing the body back on. Above and below. First I wanted to test to see if the LEDs worked, which they do ! I then checked for forward and reverse movement. All good. Now it's time to carefully replace the body after securing the wires inside with some extra electrical tape. Once done, test again... Yep, they certainly are bright... I wanted warm white LEDs but could only get cool white. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers if you need a quick fix... There we have it, all good to go. Now I just need to weather her a little... Cheers, Gary.