Discussion in 'Highlander Models' started by Toto, May 6, 2019.
You've got me thinking now.
Home for another weekend and limbering up for a day in the shed tomorrow. back to remodelling the " clean side " of the shed. The biggest hassle is constantly having to move the sheds contents around in order to clear working space. never mind, it needs to be done. I should get on to the heavy duty tasks of cutting down the original / existing work surfaces and re-installing the repurposed versions. I'm still considering installing a more sturdy and suitable kitchen type worktop rather than the existing ply tops.
until tomorrow ...... cheers
I'd like to understand the concept of a clean side to a shed - I thought the idea was to keep cramming stuff in until either the roof or back wall pops
Well now I am in uncramming mode. Needs must. The general purchasing explosion has finally given way to a more selective type affair. Business purchases only
From the comfort of me bed ...... ahhhhh I'm cream crackered.
A shed with nothing in it must be inside out!
Ahhhhhhhhh ......... such wisdom .......
Well at least you don't have to contend with a broken window in the workshop, ... I have now been reliably informed the offending item has to be replaced with a new uPVC unit... which should incorporate French doors . So that means cutting down the brickwork with a Stihl saw and adding a step on the outside... oh dear this is much worse than the cost of Venetian blinds or that smart TV.
See one moment of carelessness and you really get to pay for it. On the bright side , when open the current door and the new french doors, the through draft will be good enought to allow a laser cutter to be installed
Yup I realise Dundee... and the repair will cost me the equivalent of a Gladiator 8F, an MOK Ivatt 4 and a Seven Models 9F all with full wheelsets and motors. not to mention me poor Duchess loco the prospect of which is looking even further away now.
No progress made for me today. A couple of things stole the sheds thunder so looks like tomorrow. Apologies for that.
No hiccups as yet today so some decent shed time is on the cards. Camera at the ready, Just to tear myself away from the couch after my caffeine intake, pur myself through the wash ( shower ) and hit the shed. Fingers crossed for some decent progress.
First, clear the remaining miscellaneous stuff that is in the path of construction, remodel my lotions and potions area and start redesigning the work bench area as well. I will put the tip trip off until next weekend and just climb over the crap as I work.
Onwards and upwards.
and we have started ......
this was the offending area that needs cleared up .......
so I done this to extended the storage area for all the various lotions and potions .....
and another shelve goes in to try and make best use of the dead space in the corner ......
and here we are so far ......
Still a bit more sifting through the miscellaneous stuff that occupies the work bench to allow me to get it packed away in some kind of order. Then I'll have full access to the worktop itself to let me start altering the main work top space. Its getting there slowly but surely.
more as it happens.
And we carry on ...... worktop cleared and ready for alterations.
so ..... we need a tool up to the job of cutting the existing in place ........ enter stage left ..........
the beast .........
Yee .... harrrrrrr
Now to lower part of the sub frame to give me a better working height ........
and job done ........
Ready to accept the new work top ...... so ...... it a trip to B & Q ......
be back soon.
Don't worry, His Lordship will keep you busy enough for the thought of them to to wain into the distance and you would have also felt the privilage of the sacrifice
And the hammer has been superceeded as the weapon of choice - wait till I borrow it back
Mind and put the request in the book .......
Worktop now cut and installed.
I used the little short cutting up at the far end.
cant see it very well from that shot. I have the first of the parts bins ......
Not fixed in place. That is not where they will be installed.
they will be higher up and I will need quite a few more of them. I'll wait and see how they work when I start casting parts just in case they are not really suitable for some parts. I may have to get some of different sizes. Anyway, next weekend, I need to empty the shelves below as they will be getting redone again and is where I shall be keeping sheet etches and some packaging stuff. It will all become clearer as I actually get started and the various parts start to trickle in.
meanwhile ....... its at least coming together.
more next weekend.