As some of you may know from looking in on our facebook page, I have made a start on the small milk depot layout that I had hinted to previously. see here : https://platform1mrc.com/p1mrc/index.php?threads/possible-new-layout.4765/ Well after seeing exactly what I had in stock, I decided to step it up a little and make this real. As you can see in the link (above), the layout is made up of all second hand items, track, base board, wiring. I have had to purchase a few new DPDT and DPST switches. As usual like most of my layouts, point control is via wire in tube. The points are all Peco insulfrog code 100. This series if switches isolate different sections of track so I can run the layout on DC. I have included this DPDT switch so I can choose either DC or DCC. At the moment, I'll be running DC as I haven't any decoders for the locos I intend to use, also I need to purchase a Power Cab Panel. After laying all the track, I had an issue with one set of points (far left set), as they were causing electrical issues, so it came out and I replaced it with a dodgier looking point ! The problem with this point is that it did not have the locking spring as part of the sleeper were missing, the part that retains the spring ! I came up with a solution on the underside of the baseboard. Here I opened up one terminal connector and cut it in half, producing two metal clamps. These clamps were fed onto the wire, after removing small sections of the protective styrene tube. The screws on these clamps happen to be magnetic which I tested for first. The clamps were placed apart in two locations and whilst holding the points in one direction, I marked a spot, drilled a shallow hole and inserted a 3mm x 10mm cylindrical neodymium magnet. This was done at the opposite end with the points thrown in the opposite direction. Now this being a 'milk depot' layout, I needed a couple of milk vans as used on the New South Wales Government Railways. So off I went to visit Joe at Casula Hobbies to pick up a few MLK van kits... Whilst speaking about my new little layout, Joe asked if I was going to have a small station/halt on the layout. I must admit it wasn't something I had intended, but when Joe gave me a small station building kit, I couldn't resist ! Now, there was one catch to the freebie that Joe threw at me... That catch was that he could use the layout at upcoming exhibitions to display his stock and upcoming new stock on ! No you also know why I have named the layout Casula Sidings.... Cheers, Gary.