"He's never at it again, is he?!" (Yes, you lot may very well say that! ) Since my first effort into this kit-bashing malarkey was fairly well received (as can be seen here), another attempt at kitbashing the well-known Knightwing 0-4-0 diesel industrial shunter was in order. The purpose of this second time at creating a freelance loco, was to build on the lessons I learned from the first go. One such lesson so far was getting the frame proportions as accurate as possible, but we'll get to that. Having received the Knightwing diesel shunter kit as a birthday present, now seemed an appropriate time to commence work. Taking a spare Kato 109 chassis and some leftover 0.5mm Plasticard from last time, I got cracking. Seen here are some of the pieces laid out, prior to surgery of the body sides and bonnet (please note, that normal photography is resumed for this project!)... The first item of business was to measure out and create the running plate. Using the standard gauge running plate as a template (with a hole in the middle big enough to fit the chassis through, with some slight cutting of the sides), I cut the plasticard around it. Keeping the pieces held together, I then drilled small holes in each corner, to act as guides when cutting out the hole for the chassis to fit in. A near-perfect fit was achieved, as you will see shortly. Here is a comparison of running plates: Meanwhile, the main body was taking shape. Like the first Knightwing bash, the body was cut roughly in half, to enable a good fit over the running plate, as and when the cab is assembled. Progress, as of this minute... Obviously there's still a fair way to go before you see anything that resembles a locomotive (a great deal of work on the running plate, most notably), but I hope you like the slow and steady progress so far. More on this kit-bash, as and when it develops. Comments are welcome as ever.