I know there is a tendency to either curse or joke about the Jim Harris kits and their "difficult" building stance but I overcame the BR Standard 4 and managed to construct the motion bracket on the Brit which was originally from the same stable and soldering tiny bits together to make an etched fabrication wasn't much of an issue to me, just a matter of thinking it through firstly and then creating the correct support frame to hold all the bits together. I guess it also relies on developing a soldering technique which works first time as well, a quick in / out with the right iron at the correct heat level delivers a satisfactory result I have learnt. I only ever use 145 solder on all my fabrications and find it works for me. But this Acme Ivatt kit Pete represents a totally different breed that demands a different approach... one in which I'm feeling my way in the dark but gives results with perseverance. The issues I've found with this kit is that A)etches are too thin thus frames are prone to flexing, B) etches are hand drawn and need fettling to fit and C) whilst the model is dimensionally correct it falls short in detail of shape, e.g that cylinder block and now this morning I've discovered the cab roof profile is wrong. To summarize though it will build into a nice kit and hopefully importing better grade castings it will capture the essence and character of the real thing more so but, would I build another from this stable... definitely not because of the time involved. By today's expected standards this kit doesn't cut the mustard however I knew that when I bought it... I'm just a glutton for setting challenges for myself.